A bit about me professionally...
- Bachelor of Arts in Applied Psychology (Royal Roads Military College)
- Masters in Educational Psychology (University of Victoria)
- Numerous certificates for professional development including: Somatic Transformation, Stress & Anger Management, Relationship Skill Building, Suicide Intervention, Addiction issues, Effective Communication, etc.
COUNSELLING & PSYCHOTHERAPY
Over 15 years experience as a therapist dealing with a wide range of issues - from the basics of poor communication to the intricacies of complex trauma. I have worked with individuals, couples, families, and small groups in both a proactive and crisis capacity.
- 8 years delivering presentations and workshops on workplace wellness issues.
- 3 years presenting parenting and communication seminars to teachers and parents.
- Designed and produced several "Healthy Living" awareness videos for the Federal government.
A bit about me personally...
I have been married for 27 years, and my wife Lee and I have been blessed with two sons (one of whom is now married.) Our family has lived on Vancouver Island for over 15 years, and gratefully call it home.
Thus far, my life's horizons have been broad. I have many interests, yet psychotherapy remains my calling. Besides my experience as a husband and father, I have been a military officer and pilot, a crisis counsellor, an entrepreneur, and a community wellness specialist. I believe this broad experience gives me a sense of grounding with respect to the "Big Picture" and it helps me better understand, empathize, and address the problems and frustrations of my clients.
© Copyright helpisinsight