A bit about me professionally...
- Bachelor of Arts in Applied Psychology (Royal Roads Military College)
- Masters in Educational Psychology (University of Victoria)
- Numerous certificates for professional development including: Somatic Transformation, Stress & Anger Management, Relationship Skill Building, Suicide Intervention, Addiction issues, Effective Communication, etc.
COUNSELLING & PSYCHOTHERAPY
Over 15 years experience as a therapist dealing with a wide range of issues - from the basics of poor communication to the intricacies of complex trauma. I have worked with individuals, couples, families, and small groups in both a proactive and crisis capacity.
- 10 years delivering presentations and workshops on workplace wellness issues.
- 3 years presenting parenting and communication seminars to teachers and parents.
- Designed and produced several "Healthy Living" awareness videos for the Federal government.
A bit about me personally...
I have been married for 27 years, and my wife Lee and have been blessed with two sons, a daughter-in-law, and now our first grandchild. Our family has lived on Vancouver Island for over 15 years, and gratefully call it home.
Thus far, my life's horizons have been broad. I have many interests, yet psychotherapy remains my calling. Besides my experience as a husband and father, I have been a military officer and pilot, a crisis counsellor, an entrepreneur, and a community wellness specialist. I believe this broad experience gives me a sense of grounding with respect to the "Big Picture" and it helps me better understand, empathize, and address the problems and frustrations of my clients.
© Copyright helpisinsight